The KGLRA-hosted Flag Football League is for our younger players to learn the sport of football in a fun, non-contact way. 2021 Fall Season:
This flag football league allows for a fun, recreational, limited contact way to play youth football. Games are played on an 80-yard field on Friday evenings at the Princess Anne Athletic Complex with one weeknight of practice.
- Practice Starts: September 8
- Season: Begins Friday, September 25. Inclement weather (make-ups) and playoffs may run through mid-November
- 6 game season (plus playoffs)
To Register, Click HERE
- Early Registration: June 1 - June 30 | $$65 ($10 savings)
- Regular Registration: July 1 - July 31 | $75
- Late Registration: August 1 - 30 | $95 (includes $20 late registration fee)
- Registration is taken on an individual basis. Online registration is available (debit/credit cards accepted)
- Open to all residents and non-residents of Virginia Beach.
- Each player pays a registration fee to enter (payable at registration).
- During the individual player registration, a preferred coach can be requested (but not guaranteed).
- The City will place players on teams based on location, school attending and/or request by the registrant during registration.
- Leagues are subject to close-out prior to the last day of signups.
- A player’s age on September 30th of the current school year will determine eligibility. Any player who is older than the maximum age in each division by the end of the season (November) will be moved up to the next age division. EXCEPTION: A player who turns 8 years old during the league season (August – November) will have a “league age” of 8 years old.
- High school varsity (V), junior varsity (JV), and junior-junior varsity (JJV) players are eligible to play.
- NO player(s) shall play on more than one team in the Coed Flag Football League.
We always need coaches, but we are also looking for assistance in the following areas:
- Grounds Keepers: Ensure game field is lined and prepared before game time.
- Gear Manager: Ensure practices and games are equipped will all gear i.e. footballs, yard markers, chains, down marker, end zone pylons, flags, water coolers, blocking dummies.
- Team Moms/Dads: organize sign-up sheets for post game snacks, organize post season team functions.
If you can help in other ways, please give us a shout. More Volunteer Coaches and Assistants are Needed!
For more information, email us at [email protected]